In just a few days time, on 22nd June 2018, the three month long Great Exhibition of the North will begin. It will be the largest event in England in 2018 and a game-changing moment for the North.
There is a lot to see. Art, music and more. We’re a creative bunch here at TTM so we will be keeping a close eye on what’s happening.
Sunderland-born Lauren Laverne will be curating a week of gigs, showcasing some of the best music the North has to offer. There’ll be concerts, presentations, talks and art exhibitions celebrating music from Newcastle to Manchester and Sunderland to Sheffield.
Here’s the schedule (subject to change):
- Nightmares on Wax + Skinny Pelembe, FridayJune 22 2018
- The Great Northern All Star Band feat. Field Music, Saturday 23 June
- Vessels + Tom Ravenscroft, Saturday 23 June
- Mr Drayton’s Record Player, Saturday 23 – Saturday 30 June
- Nadine Shah + Rafiki Jazz, Sunday 24 June
- PINS + She Drew The Gun, Monday 25 June
- Roisin Murphy, Friday 29 June
- World HeadQuarters feat. Voices of Virtue, Friday 29 June
- BBC Music Introducing, Saturday 30 June
- LEVELZ, Saturday 30 June
- Parental Guidance Party feat. Paul Smith, Sunday 1 July
See you there!